In today’s digital age, where consumers turn to the Internet for almost every service they need, it is essential for businesses to establish a strong online presence. Two services offered by Google, Google Screened vs Google Guaranteed, have gained prominence in the world of online advertising and lead generation.
But what are these services and how do they differ? In this article, we will discuss the specifics of Google Screened and Google Guaranteed to help you determine which one is right for your business.
Throughout this post we will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of each program. But first, take a look at the following questions and answers:
How long does it take to become Google Screened or Google Guaranteed?
The processing time varies, but it typically takes a few weeks to complete the screening process.
Do I need to pay a fee to participate in these programs?
Yes, both Google Screened and Google Guaranteed have associated fees.
Can I switch from one program to another if my business focus changes?
Yes, you can transition from Google Screened to Google Guaranteed or vice versa if your business evolves.
Do Google Screened and Google Guaranteed affect my website’s search engine ranking?
These programs don’t directly impact your website’s SEO but can boost your visibility on Google’s platforms.
What happens if my business fails the screening process?
If your business doesn’t meet the requirements, you won’t receive the Google Screened or Google Guaranteed badge, but you can reapply after addressing the issues.
What is Google Screened?
Is a program designed to enhance the credibility of local service providers, such as electricians, plumbers, and contractors. To qualify for Google Screened, businesses must go through a rigorous screening process conducted by Google itself. This process includes background checks, license and insurance verification, and screening of customer reviews.
The Benefits of Google Screened
- Enhanced Credibility: Being Google Screened adds a layer of trust to your business, reassuring potential customers that you are a legitimate and trustworthy service provider.
- Prominent Badge: Google Screened businesses receive a distinctive green checkmark badge next to their search results, making them stand out among competitors.
- Lead Generation: Google Screened businesses are eligible for inclusion in the Local Services Ads, which can help generate valuable leads.
Google Guaranteed: What You Need to Know
Google Guaranteed is another service aimed at boosting the credibility of businesses, but it has a broader scope. It covers various types of service providers, including professionals such as lawyers, financial planners, and real estate agents.
To become Google Guaranteed, businesses must undergo background checks, provide evidence of licensing and insurance, and maintain a positive track record.
The Advantages of Google Guaranteed
- Trustworthiness: Just like Google Screened, Google Guaranteed imparts trust to your business, assuring clients of your reliability.
- High Visibility: Google Guaranteed businesses feature a green shield icon in their ads, increasing visibility and attracting potential clients.
- Google Local Services: Being Google Guaranteed makes you eligible for Google’s Local Services Ads, helping you connect with local customers actively seeking your services.
Google Screened vs. Google Guaranteed: The Comparison
Now that we have a clear understanding of both services, let’s delve into the key differences:
Scope of Services
- Google Screened primarily caters to local service providers like home repair and maintenance businesses.
- Google Guaranteed extends its coverage to a wider range of professional services beyond the local service sector.
- Google Screened emphasizes background checks, licenses, and insurance specific to the local service industry.
- Google Guaranteed has broader eligibility criteria that accommodate various professional fields.
- Google Screened businesses display a green checkmark badge.
- Google Guaranteed businesses feature a green shield icon.
- Google Screened focuses on local service areas.
- Google Guaranteed expands its reach beyond local boundaries.
Which Service Is Right for You?
The choice between Google Screened and Google Guaranteed depends on the nature of your business. If you’re a local service provider, such as a plumber or electrician, Google Screened may be the ideal choice, as it caters specifically to your industry. However, if you operate in a broader professional field, Google Guaranteed offers a more inclusive solution.
In the ever-competitive online marketplace, establishing trust and credibility with potential customers is paramount. Both Google Screened and Google Guaranteed serve this purpose by showcasing your business as a trustworthy choice. By understanding the nuances of each service, you can make an informed decision that aligns with your business goals.